Asymmetry Group is seeking an experienced consultant / project manager to join our team.
Consultant Role Description
Are you a current or former consultant or project manager in the life science space who is looking for more flexibility, diversity in the types of work you do, or better work/life balance? Do you have deep experience in the biopharmaceutical, medical device, and digital health space? Are you looking to make a dent in healthcare by supporting innovative companies at the forefront of healthcare transformation?
If so, we want to talk with you. Asymmetry Group is seeking a full time Consultant to support current and future client work as well as, potentially, internal firm operations (we’re a boutique firm…we all wear many hats). Depending on the day, week, or month, you might be project-managing the launch of a new rare disease product, developing a commercial plan to support a breakthrough Phase 3 asset, or engaging with the leadership team of a digital health company on how to differentiate their offer in the marketplace. Yes, you’ll travel – but it’s generally quite limited and much of our work is local or conducted remotely.
As a small and rapidly growing consulting firm, we move and evolve quickly. We ‘roll up the sleeves and get it done’, and don’t waste time with soul-crushing bureaucracy. That also means that we don’t have everything figured out – we don’t have perfectly defined career paths, our internal systems are evolving, and roles & responsibilities can be fluid. What drives us is delivering incredibly high quality work with an even higher degree of integrity behind it – to the most innovative healthcare companies out there.
Role Duties & Responsibilities:
As we mentioned above, the role will naturally evolve based on firm and client needs. However, the following are representative areas of responsibility where we expect the consultant to be qualified to play a key role (across at least a few, not all):
- Leading project management activities on behalf of clients (e.g., launch management, business development tracking, competitive intelligence dashboards, etc.);
- Direct support of strategic client engagements, potentially including: research; data acquisition; analytics; thought partnership; PowerPoint document creation and storytelling; workshop facilitation; market assessments; forecast development; etc.;
- Managing a team of offshore business analysts
- Support for business development activities including company / product research, proposal development, methodology creation, etc.;
- Potential to assist in firm marketing and capability/IP development.
- Undergrad degree in a relevant discipline – biology, economics, etc.
- Preferably an advanced degree in a relevant discipline – Ph.D. or MBA
- Experienced with Microsoft Office suite, primarily PowerPoint, Word, and Excel;
- Must be able to create strong storytelling slides in PPT;
- Experienced in Smartsheets and/or MS Project, in addition to XLS;
- Prefer prior work experience at one of the major consulting firms or smaller life science consulting firms – must “get” consulting and be able to step right in;
- May also come from a project management background in healthcare, so long as there is a strong interest in strategy consulting;
- Self-starter, entrepreneurial mindset, and able to operate independently (with frequent check-in’s and mentoring);
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Preference for candidates local to the Boston area (office is in Newton, MA with clients in Boston, Metrowest, NJ, CA);
- Should have the ability and desire for regular travel for client meetings in the local Boston area, and occasional travel outside of the Boston.
What can we offer you? Well, we’re a really small firm. That will offer you direct access to highly experienced managing directors and principals. In fact, they’ll oversee your work directly. We’ll provide you with the opportunity to take on a diverse set of responsibilities and develop a broad range of skills. You will also get wide-ranging exposure to the life sciences & healthcare advisory industry, building your knowledge and experience base. Finally, we’re a local, MetroWest-based company that’s casual and relaxed. We work hard, but we believe in integrating work/life in the way that matters most to our individual employees.
Application Instructions: please send a resume/CV and a brief explanation of your interest in this role to careers (at) asymmetrygroup.com.
Asymmetry Group is a boutique life science advisory firm formed to help innovative healthcare companies drive extraordinary growth. We do this by providing services including corporate and commercial strategy development, new product commercialization planning, sales and marketing operational planning, and serving as interim management for our biotech, medical device and diagnostic, and life science clients. Our name, Asymmetry Group, is derived from the notion that asymmetric insights lead to stronger strategic decisions. Our founder and partners/principals have deep experience in client advisory work, as well as direct industry experience within many life science companies.
All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.