Asymmetry Group is seeking a Healthcare Consulting Analyst to join our team
Analyst Role Description
Are you currently working in consulting, but not satisfied with your long hours or extensive travel? Are you looking to work directly with experienced partners, industry practitioners and other leaders? Do you have a strong interest (and ideally experience) in the biotech, medical device, or digital health industry? Are you looking to make a difference in healthcare by supporting innovative companies at the forefront of healthcare transformation?
If so, we want to talk with you. Asymmetry Group is seeking a full time Analyst to support current and future client work as well as, internal firm operations (we’re a boutique firm…we all wear many hats). Depending on the day, week, or month, you might be helping project-manage the launch of a new rare disease product, developing a commercial plan to support a breakthrough Phase 3 asset, or engaging with the leadership team of a digital health company on how to differentiate their product in the marketplace. Yes, you might travel – but it’s generally quite limited and much of our work is local in the Boston area or conducted remotely.
As a small and rapidly growing consulting firm, we move and evolve quickly. We “roll up the sleeves and get it done”, and don’t waste time with soul-crushing bureaucracy. That also means that we don’t have everything figured out – you’ll have the opportunity to work with us to define your career path, our internal systems, and roles & responsibilities as we grow. What drives us is delivering incredibly high quality work – with an even higher degree of integrity behind it – to the most innovative healthcare companies out there.
Role Duties & Responsibilities:
As mentioned above, the role will naturally evolve based on firm and client needs. However, the following are representative areas of responsibility where we expect the consultant to be qualified to play a key role (across at least a few, not all):
- Supporting project management activities on behalf of clients (e.g., launch management, business development tracking, competitive intelligence dashboards, etc.);
- Directly supporting strategic client engagements, potentially including: research; data acquisition; analytics; thought partnership; PowerPoint document creation and storytelling; market assessments; forecast development; etc.;
- Supporting business development activities including company / product research, proposal development, methodology creation, etc.;
- Assisting in firm marketing and capability/IP development.
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline – business, economics, biology, etc.;
- Experienced with Microsoft Office suite, primarily PowerPoint, Word, and Excel;
- Must be able to create strong storytelling slides in PPT;
- Experienced in Smartsheets and/or MS Project, in addition to XLS;
- Deep intellectual curiosity (constantly ask “why” – and then figure it out);
- Ability to work with ambiguity and proactively manage time across multiple projects;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Preference for candidates local to the Boston area (office is in Newton, MA);
- Prior work experience at one of the major consulting firms or smaller life science consulting firms (internship or immediate post-undergraduate experience)
- Should have the ability and desire for regular travel for client meetings in and around the Boston area (Cambridge, Waltham, Lexington, Woburn, etc.), and occasional travel outside of the Boston area.
What can we offer you? Well, we’re a really small firm. That will offer you direct access to highly experienced managing directors, principals and managers. In fact, they’ll oversee your work directly. We’ll provide you with the opportunity to take on a diverse set of responsibilities and develop a broad range of skills. You will have wide-ranging exposure to the life sciences & healthcare advisory industry, building your knowledge and experience base. Finally, we’re a local, MetroWest-based company that’s casual and relaxed. We work hard, but we believe in integrating work/life in the way that matters most to our individual employees.
Application Instructions: please send a resume/CV and a brief explanation of your interest in this role to careers (at) asymmetrygroup.com. Company Overview
All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.