Are you a current or former consultant in the life science space who is looking for more flexibility, diversity or meaning in the types of work you do? Or maybe a better work/life balance? Are you looking to work directly with experienced partners, industry practitioners and other leaders? Do you have a strong interest (and ideally experience) in the biopharmaceutical, medical device, or digital health space? Are you looking to improve healthcare by supporting innovative companies at the forefront of healthcare transformation?
If so, we want to talk with you. Asymmetry Group is seeking a full time Analyst to support current and future client work as well as internal initiatives to continue building our firm and create solutions to meaningfully impact healthcare (we’re a boutique firm expanding rapidly…we all wear many hats). Depending on the day, week, or month, you might be helping project-manage the launch of a new rare disease product, developing a commercial plan to support a breakthrough Phase 3 asset, or engaging with the leadership team of a digital health company on how to differentiate their offer in the marketplace. We’re looking for a highly motivated, proactive doer who is passionate about healthcare. There will be some travel – but it’s generally limited and much of our work is local to Boston or conducted remotely.
As a small and rapidly growing consulting firm, we move and evolve quickly. We ‘roll up the sleeves and get it done’, and don’t waste time with soul-crushing bureaucracy. That means there is no formal development program, but rather an individualized approach where you hold the reins to drive your development forward. Our day-to-day can involve a wide breadth of activities, roles & responsibilities can be fluid, and success will require a willingness and ability to learn quickly. What drives us is delivering incredibly high-quality work – with an even higher degree of integrity behind it – to the most innovative healthcare companies out there.
Role Duties & Responsibilities:
The role will naturally evolve based on firm and client needs. However, the following are representative areas of responsibility where we expect the consultant to be qualified to play a key role:
- Supporting strategic client engagements including: secondary research; data analytics and Excel modeling; PowerPoint document creation and storytelling; market assessments; forecast development; etc.;
- Supporting project management activities on behalf of clients (e.g., launch management, business development tracking, competitive intelligence dashboards, etc.);
- Initiating self-learning in areas where technical capabilities require more development, proactively communicating and staying in close coordination with team members;
- Supporting business development activities including company / product research.
- Deep intellectual curiosity (constantly ask “why” – and then go figure it out);
- Must be able to create strong storytelling slides in PPT;
- Ability to work with ambiguity and proactively manage time across multiple projects;
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills;
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline – business, economics, biology, etc.;
- Experienced with Microsoft Office suite, primarily PowerPoint, Word, and Excel;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- If you don’t check all the boxes but think you have what it takes, let us know, and tell us why!
- Preference for candidates local to the Boston area (office is in Newton, MA with clients in Boston, Metrowest, across the US and overseas);
- Prior work experience at one of the major consulting firms or smaller life science consulting firms (internship or immediate post-undergraduate experience);
- May also come from a project management background in healthcare, so long as there is a strong interest in strategy consulting;
- Self-starter, proactive, entrepreneurial mindset, and able to operate independently (with frequent check-in’s and mentoring);
- Should have the ability to travel for client meetings in the local Boston area, and occasional travel outside of the Boston area.
What can we offer you? Well, we’re a really small firm that will offer you direct access to highly experienced managing directors, principals and managers. In fact, they’ll oversee your work directly. We’ll provide you with the opportunity to take on a diverse set of responsibilities and develop a broad range of skills. You will get wide-ranging exposure to the life sciences & healthcare advisory industry, building your knowledge and experience base. You’ll also get to work across strategy consulting and innovative solution development. Finally, we’re a local, MetroWest-based company that’s casual and relaxed. We work hard, but we believe in integrating work/life in the way that matters most to our individual employees.
Application Instructions: please send a resume/CV and a brief explanation of your interest in this role to careers (at) asymmetrygroup.com.
Asymmetry Group is a boutique life science advisory firm formed to help innovative healthcare companies drive extraordinary growth. We do this by providing services including corporate and portfolio strategy, product / asset strategy, outsourced commercial, product launch support and emerging company growth maps for our biotech, medical device and diagnostic, and life science clients. Our name, Asymmetry Group, is derived from the notion that asymmetric insights lead to stronger strategic decisions. Our founder and partners/principals have deep experience in client advisory work, as well as direct industry experience within many life science companies.
All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. U.S. work authorization is required.