Asymmetry Group is a small and rapidly growing boutique strategy consulting firm that helps the world’s leading biotechnology, digital health, and medical device companies commercialize innovative therapeutics and technologies. On any given day, our clients range from early-stage Series A companies to $100B+ market cap biopharmaceutical companies. We are proud that all of the clients we serve have requested follow-on work. We cannot achieve this without a rockstar team – at Asymmetry Group, we truly believe our people are the most important element of how we deliver value to our clients.
We’re seeking a full time, experienced Senior Analyst to support current and future client work as well as internal initiatives to continue developing our firm. Depending on the day, week, or month, you might be helping manage the launch of a new rare disease product, developing a commercial plan to support a breakthrough Phase 3 asset, or engaging with the leadership team of a digital health company on how to differentiate their offer in the market. We’re looking for a highly motivated, proactive doer who is passionate about healthcare. There will be some travel – but it’s generally limited and much of our work is local to Boston or conducted remotely.
What can we offer you?
- Meaningful Work: We deliver high-quality, pragmatic work to the most innovative healthcare companies out there – we work for clients and on projects that we are passionate about, and that we believe have the potential to bring real advances to healthcare
- Strong Team & Culture: We foster a small, collegial organization that takes the best characteristics of consulting to create a supportive culture – we work hard, but we believe in integrating work/life in the way that matters most to our individual employees. Our incredible team is the backbone of what we do, and we are committed to creating a culture that supports them (and you!)
- Growth & Development: We strive to develop our team in ways that are unique to the individual. We recognize that all team members have different strengths, and we tailor paths forward based on your specific needs
- Strong Compensation: We offer competitive salaries and bonus, 401k, healthcare / dental / vision and an open time-off policy
We can offer you the opportunity to work on complex, interesting strategy consulting projects with the environment and culture of a start-up. If we sound like a good fit for you – continue reading!
Role Duties & Responsibilities:
Our day-to-day can involve a wide breadth of activities, roles & responsibilities can be fluid, and success will require a willingness and agility to learn quickly. The role will naturally evolve based on firm and client needs. However, the following are representative areas of responsibility where the Senior Analyst will play a key role:
- Supporting strategic client engagements including: secondary research; data analytics and Excel modeling; PowerPoint document creation and storytelling; etc.
- Supporting project management activities on behalf of clients: cross-functional launch support, milestone tracking, weekly dashboard development, strategic workstream support, etc.
- Initiating self-learning in areas where technical capabilities require more development, proactively communicating and staying in close coordination with team members
- Supporting internal initiatives, including thought leadership/article development, research for business development opportunities, planning internal lunch & learns, etc.
- Experience in client-facing strategy consulting
- Familiarity with the life sciences industry
- Deep intellectual curiosity (constantly ask “why” – and then go figure it out)
- Able to create strong, client-ready storytelling slides in PPT
- Able to work with ambiguity and proactively manage time across multiple projects
- Excellent analytical, research and problem solving skills
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline – business, economics, biology, etc.
- Experienced with Microsoft Office suite, primarily PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience working effectively in a team with multiple competing priorities
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients including email, virtual meetings, and in-person engagements
- If you don’t check all the boxes but think you have what it takes, let us know, and tell us why!
- Candidates local to the Boston area (office is in Newton, MA with clients in Boston, Metrowest, across the US and overseas)
- 1-3 years prior work experience at one of the major consulting firms or smaller life sciences consulting firms
- Able to travel for client meetings in the greater Boston area, occasionally outside of the Boston area, and work from both/either the office in Newton and home as evolving Covid protocols allow
Application Instructions: please send a resume/CV and a brief explanation of your interest in this role to careers (at) asymmetrygroup.com.
Asymmetry Group is a boutique life science advisory firm formed to help innovative healthcare companies drive extraordinary growth. We do this by providing services including corporate and portfolio strategy, product / asset strategy, outsourced commercial, product launch support and emerging company growth maps for our biotech, medical device and diagnostic, and life science clients. Our name, Asymmetry Group, is derived from the notion that asymmetric insights lead to stronger strategic decisions. Our founder and partners/principals have deep experience in client advisory work, as well as direct industry experience within many life science companies.
All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. U.S. work authorization is required.