Asymmetry Group is a small and rapidly growing boutique strategy consulting firm that helps the world’s leading biotechnology, digital health, and medical device companies commercialize innovative therapeutics and technologies. On any given day, our clients range from early-stage Series A companies to $100B+ market cap biopharmaceutical companies. We are proud that all of the clients we serve have requested follow-on work. We cannot achieve this without a rockstar team – at Asymmetry Group, we truly believe our people are the most important element of how we deliver value to our clients.
We’re seeking a full time, experienced Manager to support current and future client work as well as internal initiatives to continue developing our firm. Depending on the day, week, or month, you might be helping manage the launch of a new rare disease product, developing a commercial plan to support a breakthrough Phase 3 asset, running client workshops, or engaging with the leadership team of a digital health company on how to differentiate their offer in the market. We’re looking for a highly motivated, proactive doer who is passionate about, and experienced in, healthcare. There will be some travel – but it’s generally limited and much of our work is local to Boston or conducted remotely.
What can we offer you?
- Meaningful Work: We deliver high-quality, pragmatic work to the most innovative healthcare companies out there – we work for clients and on projects that we are passionate about, and that we believe have the potential to bring real advances to healthcare
- Strong Team & Culture: We foster a small, collegial organization that takes the best characteristics of consulting to create a supportive culture – we work hard, but we believe in integrating work/life in the way that matters most to our individual employees. Our incredible team is the backbone of what we do, and we are committed to creating a culture that supports them (and you!)
- Growth & Development: We strive to develop our team in ways that are unique to the individual. We recognize that all team members have different strengths, and we tailor paths forward based on your specific needs
- Strong Compensation: We offer competitive salaries and bonus, 401k, healthcare / dental / vision and an open time-off policy
Role Duties & Responsibilities:
Our day-to-day can involve a wide range of activities, roles & responsibilities can be fluid, and success will require a willingness and agility to learn and adapt quickly. The role will naturally evolve based on firm and client needs, as well as your own individual capabilities. However, the following are representative areas where the Manager will play a key role:
- Manage one or multiple client-facing projects, including design of initial project workplan and approach, execution of day-to-day project activities, oversight and direction of the Asymmetry project team, and direct engagement with the client
- Lead across a range of projects potentially including corporate or product strategy, product launch management, project management office for strategic initiatives, workshop development and execution, indication prioritization and road-mapping, etc.
- Effectively present a compelling narrative with project findings and outcomes to the client team
- Drive the intellectual agenda for research and insight generation associated with projects and/or internal research initiatives
- Serve as an effective development manager for junior resources
- Manage and guide a team of offshore business analysts
- Support business development activities, including company / product research, proposal development, methodology creation, etc.
- Support firm marketing, including blog posts, thought leadership and coordination of partner and industry events
- Identify and communicate key industry trends and their implications to our clients and our business
- Undergrad degree in a relevant discipline – business, biology, economics, etc.
- Preferably an advanced degree in a relevant discipline – Ph.D. or MBA
- 3-5 years experience in management consulting, either at one of the major consulting firms or at a smaller life sciences consulting firm – must “get” consulting and be able to step right into a project management role
- Experience in Life Sciences, either as a consultant or in industry
- Fluency with Microsoft Office suite, primarily PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- Able to create and deliver strong, client-ready narratives verbally and in PPT
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-starter, proactive, entrepreneurial mindset – willing to jump in and get it done, and be a team player
- Ability to fluidly ‘context shift’ from topic to topic and client to client, as we are often working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Preference for candidates local to the Boston area (office is in Newton, MA with clients in Boston, Metrowest, across the US and overseas)
- Experienced in Smartsheets and/or MS Project, in addition to XLS
- Able to travel for client meetings in the greater Boston area, occasionally outside of the Boston area, and work from both/either the office in Newton and home as evolving Covid protocols allow – a car is highly recommended
Application Instructions: Please send a resume/CV and a cover letter to careers (at) asymmetrygroup.com.
Asymmetry Group is a boutique life science advisory firm formed to help innovative healthcare companies drive extraordinary growth. We do this by providing services including corporate and portfolio strategy, product / asset strategy, outsourced commercial, product launch support and emerging company growth maps for our biotech, medical device and diagnostic, and life science clients. Our name, Asymmetry Group, is derived from the notion that asymmetric insights lead to stronger strategic decisions. Our founder and partners/principals have deep experience in client advisory work, as well as direct industry experience within many life science companies.
All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.